When I first saw the appearance of Roel van de Wiele on the stage in the video presentation today, I thought “oh, what a strange man”. And then he started to talk…to talk not about the virtual world, but about the real one and to remind in very intriguing way about the rule “work hard, play hard”.
Some of his wise words in this video presentation:
- If you have to eat a frog, don’t stare too long at it. And if you have to eat many frogs, don’t start with the smallest one.
- When you are enthusiast and you want to make the best of your life, then you often use the word “Yes” – “Yes, I’ll do that”. And you all know it – the “No” is your best friend, but it’s very difficult.
- In business if two men always agree, one of them is unnecessary.
- The most beautiful word in the education of the children is “no”, because if you always use “yes” you’re quite likeable, but w/o respect.
- Say “no” to things, which immediately have results, because that’s not making life in progress.
- Europeans have the watches and Africans have the time.
- Goal is a dream with deadline.
Do you want more?
In the video below you could see the inspiring presentation of this charming Belgian, who reminds me not to judge a book by its cover.
Be inspired and don’t forget to fly!